Studio Carme Ltd. (“SC”) is a company whose registered office is in 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU and whose registration number is 8375250, registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales.
Section 1. Information We May Collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name, contact details, email address, age, weight, personal fitness profile, postcode, preferences and interests, and comments, photographs, video submissions or likeness when you provide it to us when using the Site (e.g., by creating a user login on our site), or in some other manner, e.g., by posting or submitting it to the Site, to Facebook using our Site, or to our Facebook page, if any. In addition to this information, we may also automatically collect information from your Facebook friends when they reply to Facebook comments you have uploaded to our site (e.g., their name, comment and photo). We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit the Site:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around the Site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to the Site and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of the Site and enables us to customize the Service and advertisements.
- We use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyse certain user information and behaviour. This information may include demographic and interest information, such as age, gender and users interests. We use this information for internal business purposes on an aggregated, anonymous basis. To opt-out of Google Analytics data collection, you can visit the following site and follow the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We may also collect certain information, such as the URL of the last web page you visited before coming to our Site, your preferences and settings (e.g., time zone), the ads you clicked on or viewed on our Site (if any), how long you stayed on our Site and what services and features you used.
Section 2. Information Others May Collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies and ad networks, including content recommendation engines, to display advertisements on the Site or related applications, and to track user activity on our Site for the purpose of determining what ads to display. These companies may also use information collected on our Site in order to better serve ads (ad retargeting).
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers and browsing activity to determine which advertisements to display to users.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
These advertisers, advertising networks, and behavioural targeting companies sometimes collect information that tracks your use of our Site in order to measure ad performance, track which ads you clicked on and display ads targeted specifically to you, including displaying ads after your leave our Site on other third party sites that are within their ad network.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using the Site, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
Section 3. How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information to:
- Internal record keeping and to communicate with you;
- Provide our products and services and improve and customize services;
- Send newsletters to our users and make special offers;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order via the Site;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on the Site;
- Facilitate use of the Site;
- Publicly display feedback and comments posted by you on our properties (e.g., use your name, photograph, video submissions and comments when you post feedback on the Site or to Facebook);
- Display information about your friends (e.g., their name, photograph and comments) that is automatically uploaded when they comment on Facebook messages that you post to our site;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyse use of and improve the Site, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of the Site; and
- Enforce our Terms.
Section 4. With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through the Site or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as reporting suspected criminal activity, complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, enforcing the Terms and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, anonymous information in any of the above situations and also with service providers, advertisers and others for our own marketing purposes and for purposes of improving the manner in which, and to whom, we offer our services.
Section 5. Your Choices
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of the Site;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of the Site may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on the Site, by logging into that account.
- You may opt-out of any Google Analytics-related collection by visiting the following site and following the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Section 6. Security
We take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, managerial and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
When you access the Site, either SC or PayPal protect, without limitation, your private information in each of the following ways:
- The data is stored on secure servers at a high security location;
- The data at these servers is encrypted;
- Customer accounts are password protected; and
- All sensitive data we handle is sent via SSL.
Section 7. Transfer of Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such processing may, for example, be required in order to process your payment details with an international card provider. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but any transmission outside the EEA is at your own risk. When SC receives information from outside the EEA, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Section 8. Third-Party Links
The Site may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Site or Service and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Site or Service, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations, or their content.
SC reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Site or Service after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this web page and review this Policy regularly.
Section 10. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our information practices, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 11. Linked information
Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign into the Site, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file. For security purposes, we may encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of access to the Site that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from the Site to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of the Site, Content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the Site may not function properly.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Section 12. Checking Your Details
You have the right to access the information which SC holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom Act of Parliament). Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at: email@example.com
SC is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom Act of Parliament).